Wednesday, May 04, 2005

New Cure for ITB

For all ITB Sufferers, I have found a cure!!! Well a treatment at least.

After my massage with Jodi yesterday afternoon I came away with a new technique to attempt that she swore by as providing relief.

Last night just before I was about to go to bed I took my clothes off and put a big handful of Voltaren gel on my flared ITB. THEN WRAPPED MY WHOLE LEG IN GLADWRAP.
Got into bed feeling a bit like a cross between a desperate housewife wanting attention and a peanut butter sandwich getting squished in the lunchbox. Anyway I eventually fell asleep amid my husbands sniggers.
I awoke just after midnight to a crazy itching on my leg. It was driving me insane, like ants crawling all over it. I kept scratching and eventually it dawned on me that my leg was sweating in the gladwrap and this was causing the itchiness.

I tore the gladwrap off and went back to bed.

Got up this morning - NO PAIN. Okay so I haven't run but for the past few days the leg has been aching even without running so I am happy to have come this far. Will see how it goes with my run tomorrow.

Off to the shops to get Caterer's pack of Gladwrap now. :)

2 comments:

Bennyr said...

Now there's one I haven't heard before - Voltaren and Glad Wrap.

If I get another occurence I'll give it a shot. Thanks Clairie, and good luck with the run!

Hannah said...

*Takes notes* yay for no pain!!!