Friday, May 13, 2005

Needles are Nice

Well after much anguish and discussion with various sports professionals and longtime runners I made the decision to go to a Sports Doctor for a full diagnosis and treatment.

Within 10mins I was on the table and had a long needle being inserted into the muscle in my right leg. I only felt a pin prick and for most of today have just got a dull 'heavy leg' sensation. No real pain. However I have been warned that if anyone gets pain - it comes on the first night when in bed after having the injection. Might have a few red wines tonight then...

I didn't make this decision lightly, and I didn't do it under pressure to get out to the Warwick Pentath, but I was a frustrated person. I have a well aligned body and the incorrect orthotics that were prescribed to me really have done their nasty work on me. However they are all fixed and now I am working on the inflammation and will continue working on stretching and icing the muscle/tendon itself. I don't think I will be out for much longer. It wasn't overuse or a change in intensity as can often be the case - and lead to much more severe and chronic ITB problems.

It was simple - I got orthotics and within a few weeks was not running. I removed them immediately and have had new ones made - with the assessment from Podiatrist and 2 physios.

So watch out cyclist and gym junkies...I'm out there with you next week. Another few weeks and I'll be carving up the road with Tesso again discussing what our next race will be...... looking forward to it.
loves you all

3 comments:

Rob said...

Clairie I love your spirit, You are an inspiration.

Unknown said...

There's no holding you down, Clairie! As Eddie said: you're an inspiration.... for Chickybabe especially!

Hannah said...

Woohoo, go and watch the eye candy in the gym (friday nights are fantastic for it!) and you'll be back carving up southbank before you know it!