Got sick of walking around home and then defying the traffic to get to work. Thought I would go to Southbank and just do my workout there, shower and go to work nearby.
At 6:15 I was powerwalking along the river and lo and behond there is Pat's group stretching after doing their warm up run...well now what a coincidence (NOT!). Got to see all my mates and give Tess a hug before marching off to do another 1km before doing 10x 100m strides increasing in intensity.
The walking is to warm up the body for the strides and also to keep active whilst maintaining the leg (with ITB) in as straight a pose as possible.
After doing the strides I was hot and tired but still had to get back to the car. Turned around and watched the runners in Pat's group come in for their last two efforts of 500m repeats (the last one being a 1km repeat).
Caught up with Tesso again and she jogged slowly alongside whilst I powerwalked back to the start. Got my new winter Pat Carroll shirt from Pat and stretched a bit before hitting the showers.
I did the same exercise/exertion level etc as yesterday but for some reason it seemed that today I finally did something. I think it must be because I saw the group instead of just powering around home.
Did my induction at the Gym today at lunch. Scary stuff that. Got a 60min session tomorrow at 6am for weights/strength training.
1 comment:
Thanks for the encouragement while we were running yesterday... its going to be great to have you back!
Post a Comment