Tuesday, October 11, 2005

30Sec Effort

Pat you are a liar. You can't tell us we are doing 30sec efforts and then pull a few 1mins in there!! That's not fair and my legs can't cope!

Did a nice leisurely warm up of about 3km with the team - though everyone was partnered off and I had no one... Tess hurry up and come back :)
My calves are as thick and tight as a brick. After the warm up I did a few stretches but I suspected DMO from Bribie was starting to happen.

We did 4 x 30sec then 2 x 1min then 2 x 30sec, 3 (?) x 1min and a final 1min - all with jog recovery. I had to pull over in the second lot of 30sec during the jog recovery and stretch the calves. Man they were bound so tight I thought they would snap.

After the session I had an Up n Go. Interesting. Not what I am used to.. but better than waiting an hour before having breakfast.

Got to work and had to walk upstairs. Then back down to get my faxes that had come in overnight OUCH. Calves really hurt then. Now this afternoon they have settled and I am looking forward to a nice soak in my pool tonight I think.

All in all a good session but maybe should not have done speedwork today after Sunday. Oh well...

As Matty said this morning - focus now is building a base for next 4 weeks and remaining injury free. Then 4 weeks of solid speedwork before a taper for Kurrawa. Not that sure if I will taper for it but will certainly not run the day before :)

2 comments:

Tesso said...

Ha ha, its been two years and I still fall for Pat the Rat's tricks. I don't think we'll ever learn.

There's bound to be some DOMS from Sunday, and worse than after a 15k road race. I know my muscles feel almost post marathon sore after the 30k which I ran not much faster than normal long run pace.

Yikes! Is Kurrawa that close :-(

Rob said...

Sounds like things are going really for you Clairie. It's great to hear after the tough year you have had. I admire your grit and spirit.