Tuesday, October 04, 2005

3Km Time Trial

Thanks for your kind words everyone - and for Jodi coming on down to cheer me on.

Unfortunately it wasn't meant to be. Did my slowest Time Trial all year today. Am feeling completely gutted but weirdly happy. Jodi said to check my iron levels and you know what - I can't remember the last time I had a piece of meat! Will have to rectify that tonight with a rump steak on the BBQ.

I will skip the Thursday speed session this week but aside from that I don't think it is anything serious. Just tired from a big month in Sept of running/racing.

21st October is a 3km Race on the same course as our Time Trial course. It will be at 6pm instead of 6am and is a race between all the various running groups in Brisbane. Should be fun and I hope to do close to a PB then.

3 comments:

Matty said...

Jodies right, Clairie.

Iron levels are one of the first things you want to have a look at by the sound of it. Hope it all comes out in the wash mate.

It could have been worse. I had to have a cold 1 minute shower this AM because all the hot ones were taken!!!

M

Hannah said...

Glad you're feeling okay - I'd be chowing down on the biggest rump steak you can find :) What better excuse to eat cow?

Things'll come good! I'm looking forward to that running club TT!

Chelle said...

I went and got tested for Iron (and B12 etc) just last week... I've been feeling more tired since I've cutback on running, and thought I'd use the time to get a bit of a 'service'. Wont hurt to check I'm sure. Dont worry if it didnt go to plan, your recent past performances have you making a storming comeback since your injury. Some days its just not meant to be, dont let it detract from everything else you've been doing so well in.