Thursday, October 20, 2005

Slow Speed

After the 25km on Sunday I pulled up with really tight calves and thought I had done an injury - the left calf in particular.

However thanks to Miss Magic-Fingers (Chundachick) I had a brilliant massage on Tuesday and seem to be in excellent shape now. Though damn I didn't realise my ITB was still tight. Hurt like hell!!!!

This morning was a great session. We basically were tapering for the 3km race tomorrow so Pat had us run into New Farm park from Southbank (took 25mins so was a cracking pace) then turned around and met up in the Gardens on the way back to do some strides. Did about 12 of them to loosen the legs.

Finished up and still felt like I had done a decent workout so I was happy with that.

1 comment:

Tesso said...

I reckon you'll be in tip top shape for tomorrow night Clairie. Hope so anyway, somebody's gonna have to make up for what will be a sad 3k for me.

Go the Pat Carroll Running Group!