I have been doing a lot of reading lately and thinking about running and my body shape.
Can I just say - Yes I know I am not fat.
However my thoughts have evolved around how changing my body shape may be able to help with my running. As a runner you fall into the trap of overeating by assuming that the higher the mileage the more you can eat! Yes true for calorie count, but the type of food is important too and in my family we all too often tend to eat poor food if I am not cooking. (like pizza on a Wednesday when I have running group and don't get home till after 7.30pm)....
On the coolrunning thread there was a discussion about BMI and running pace with the suggestion being a direct correlation between your personal BMI and your capacity to run faster. The lower the BMI the faster you can run.
So for the month of November I am going on a very strict diet. Okay so a month won't do much but it is long enough to change some bad habits and highlight areas that I might be able to continue. Also any weight loss that may come from this will be highly welcome and I am sure with my increased mileage leading up to Canberra will be easy to maintain.
FRESH Fruit, vegetables, fish, meat, wholegrains, etc etc all the healthy foods. There will be no alcohol, no coffee, no softdrinks, no chocolate, no lollies, no white bread, no cheeses, no refined foods.
I will try to restrict fat intake to 15gms a day but I really have no idea so this will at the very least make sure I think about the food before I eat it (or check labels when shopping).
This sounds just like a healthy diet that we should all be doing (and you may be) but will be very difficult for me. Hence I have put this on my blog. So please feel free to remind me at any time. Additionally if you wonder why I turn down your party invite for a wild night at the local Indian - rest assured it is not your company I am turning down. Just the temptations :)
(ps invites will be accepted in December *grins*)
5 comments:
All the best for November Clairie. I hope you make it through the withdrawal period OK. Think of the money you will save on Reds.
You Go, Girl... I'm almost tempted to have a go at it with you for a month (having been arsing around for months now up and down the same 3kgs on the scales)
Best of luck with it - if you want company on the uber healthy-eating wagon, let me know - maybe we could make it into a CR challenge for a month - have a support thread for those of us having psychotic breaks from caffiene withdrawals *LOL*
Hmmmm, no coffee, no chocolate, no alcohol etc etc for a whole month. Good on ya Clairie, though you should wait until February - only 28 days :-)
Maybe you can call it the 'NO-vember Challenge'.
Good luck with your NOvember Challenge. 15g of fat seems very low. Don't be too strict.
Clairie, that looks extreme!
Good luck with it. I know I couldn't do it.
Post a Comment