Thursday, October 13, 2005

Chaff's Session

Phew what a day. It is damn hot out there - well was this morning anyhow. More humid than hot I guess.

We did the warmup and some strides then Pat advised we would be doing:

4mins hard out
30sec jog
2mins harder
30sec standing recovery
- repeat above (ie. go back to the start).

Everyone really busted a gut on the last 2min back to the start but then Pat said - after just arriving - back out again for another 2mins. I turned around at 60sec when it looked like everyone else was doing a 2min out 2min back, please understand I was really dying here. I hated Pat, I hated speedwork and felt quite nauseous - everyone else pushed on for another 10secs or so then turned.
I was first back to base and sprinted (as best I could) up the hill because I knew Pat would make us anyhow when he got there.

Not my favourite session - but certainly sorts the wheat from the chaff. Today I was the Chaff!!

I can't really blame being ironless, as I have been taking supplements for more than a week now. I guess somedays we just don't run according to our own expectations.
I'm glad Tesso wasn't there to see me cut it short. I would have felt real shame then :)

Oh now I remember- I damn well made up for it on the warm down. I stopped for water and half the group kept going. The half behind me don't always do the warm down so they stopped totally. Like a good exhausted runner who wants to improve I waddled off but soon the others had turned and I didn't know where. So I ended up going for another 15mins out to the bridge and back before arriving back at the Ship Inn for drinks.

After my shower I felt sore all over but I knew for sure - I do love Pat (or should I say what he does for me...) and I do love speedwork. Still felt nauseous though :) Going to have to take my own water supply soon it is getting to long between drinks.

1 comment:

Tesso said...

Just when I think I am missing Pat's sessions I read your blog and wonder ... hmmm, how much longer can I use this injury to not go. Think I'll milk it for all its worth.

Missing the gang tho :-(

Re the water its definitely a problem. A few weeks ago during
a New Farm session I mumbled something about the lack of bubblers. Anna overheard and said "I'm on to it" :-)