Woo Hoo,
In my goal to run Marathons I am slowly increasing my weekly mileage. Today was my first day for many months that I was back with the Regatta Runners.
It felt great to see the old crew again. Most of them I run with on the weekends anyhow but Friday's people like Nat, Grant, Robson and Suzy etc were all there too.
Headed out with the fast runners and started a conversation with Nat. Before I knew it we were at teh 3km mark and I was still in the lead. Woo Hoo.
Chris came up and told me to steady on...that only made me push a bit harder. At the 4km mark we turned around and headed home. Robson was going strong so he came up to me and told me to keep going I was looking strong. I ran with him for another km before pulling in behind him. He slowly increased the distance between us as I dropped a gear and started running 5min kms. We did the first 4 in 4:30min/km then dropped to 5min/km and finally a few even slower km before picking it up again in the last 500m.
I got overtaken with about 1.5km from the end by the guys but managed to stay in front of the girls - with the exception of one really fast one who zipped past me and ran with Robson to the finish.
All in all 40.10 for the 8km circuit so I was happy with that. Next time I will try to run 42 and keep an even 5:30/km pace going. It is meant to be a recovery run before my long run on Saturdays and my speedsessions on Thursday so I can't afford to be doing too fast.
Cant' wait for Tesso to be back in town and on the road again. We have planned to do Regatta every Friday with a Mount Cootha run thrown in for good measure once every three weeks. *gulp*
No comments:
Post a Comment