Who would have thought running would help me at work?
I HAD to take some customers to Kingston Raceway yesterday afternoon. I wasn't that keen on it but my guys were so I was enthused enough to warrant a good time.
We got there for 3pm and kicked off with some drinks and nibbles then had a debrief on how to ride the karts. Scary stuff. We did about 8 practise laps each and I was quite slow and very scared as the other karts whizzed past me.
We all re-grouped (there was about 60 of us) and got into our teams of 3. Each driver had to do 8 laps then come in for a pit stop. The pit crew had to count laps, signal the driver in and help him out of the kart (then get in and go do 8 laps). It was so much fun. I had two really really fast guys on my team so they told me to go first and then they would try to make up the difference. Total laps you have to do is 72 (8x3 each).
I got in and they started me up. First lap you have to stay in single file until the green light. Then it was all on. WOW. I didn't realise how much of a competitive spirit I had. A race is a race though and I would not let anyone go past me and hung the corners real tight. Okay so a few got by me on the real hairy curves.
I was going so well and out of the 20 teams we would have come 3rd but came 10th. There was a big collision and I got held up behind them until they cleared.
On my second round of laps I was going down the straight and one of the guys pinged my wheels. I flipped around and another guy behind me t-boned me. The cart was crushed in and I have massive bruises on my hips, back and bruised ribs on my right hand side. But I kept going!! Had an absolute ball but am very stiff this morning. In the gym showers a girl actually commented on my colourful skin. *grins*
3 comments:
Glad to hear that you weren't seriously hurt but LOL, only a runner would be proud of their bruises :-)
J
Clairie, I told you to be careful out there!!!! Sounds like fun but.
Now don't go behaving like that on Sunday at BRRC :-)
Gee Clairie - you've just discovered you have a competitive spirit. Gosh - who could have picked that?
Glad you're not too badly broken.
Post a Comment