Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Cold Weather Snap

After spending the weekend in Darwin in the suffocating heat and humidity, it was great to be able to run and breathe properly.

Pat had us go to New Farm instead of West End to do our session. Gives us a good warm up at least.

We had to do 2 x 1km (or 1 x 1km) and then 5 x 500m. I was keen to go but just didn't feel comfortable in the strides at all.

When we started the first repeat I was trying to hold back but was still out in front. After getting halfway I realised how much going out hard kills the legs. Did the first one in okay time.

45sec rest then off for some 500s. Looking at my watch I ran much better on the way back than on the way up (it was a 500m each way). Obviously the hill on the way up adds a few sec.

1km. - 3.54
500m - 1:57
500m - 1:53
500m - 2:01
500m - 1:53
500m - 1:57

I just knew the one in the middle would be my worst. I felt tired and wanted to stop. Pat had other ideas however and kept yelling out encouragement. *groan*

Felt great after the session and I knew I had had a good run today. I put it down to
being back in Brisbane from my trip to Darwin - almost felt like winter this morning the difference in temp was that much!

No comments: