Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Mid Week Crisis

Tess makes me do crazy things.....

Met up with her at 4:50am this morning. We waited a few mins for me to get my crap together and her GPS to start tracking. Then off we went.

Decided somewhere along the way to run a different route which was just brilliant however I kept slowing around each corner as I wasn't sure where we were heading to next. It was just so great to get out there and run against the clock without thinking of mileage.

We ran for just over 45mins then turned around. On the way back we extended it a litte and still did a negative split. I put it down to this one girl we were trying to chase. Man she was going for it. Then she just pulled up and we both were very relieved and eased off the petrol again.

A strange run - did it at fast pace but we had slowish times (up hill etc) and really fast times.

Over all we did 18km in 1:27:30 which I think works out to around 4:51?? anyone confirm that. I am shocking at working it out manually.

7 comments:

Matty said...

18k's in 1:27:30. Lets see, 18k's at 5:00's = 1:30. Less two and a half minutes or 150 seconds. 150 secs divided by 18 k's = 8 secs. Take 8 secs away from 5:00's and you ran 4:52's.

That's how I like to work it out!! :)

2P said...

Sounds like a great run and fast too - no matter how you work it out.

Garmins are great - they do it for you :-)

But the pencil method still works - convert to seconds divide by distance, convert to minutes.

87 x 60 = 5220 + 30 = 5550
5250/18 = 291.6667
291.6667/60 = 4.8611 (mins) - convert the 0.8611 mins to secs 0.8611 X 60 = 51.7 secs

So yep you are right - there may be simpler ways....

miners said...

ohmigod - it's much easier just saying I went out for xxx mins if you don't have the garmin handy - I suppose those calcs can be done in your head but look too complicated written down like that - reminds me of my high school maths teacher who i didn't ever want to be reminded of again.

How come all of Australia has suddnenly gotten cold - first Canberra, now Brissy - I saw the hail you lot ended up with last night!

Tesso said...

Hey Clairie, I thought you were the one who decided on the early start time.

And the one who wanted to do a steady pace, faster than our long runs.

And the one who wanted to run for 90 minutes.

And the one who wanted to push it and reel that girl in.

And and and .... and it was all soooo worth it! What fun!

Well, once we stopped it was :-)

Hannah said...

I just cheat and use the CR pace calculator - much easier *grins* you were flying!

Toasty said...

Hey that's quick! .... "Sorry about my Kurrawa time but I got lost" ... I'm using that line instead of trying to keep up with you guys.

Katie said...

Great run... you were flying! Great pace for 18km!