Friday, November 04, 2005

TGIF - 8Kms.

Friday run was with the Regatta Running crew this morning. Thanks Goodness for lizzle. I managed to run with her the whole way - I did'nt want to repeat last weeks business of running out too hard just because I didn't want to run on my own.

We kept a nice steady pace the whole way and turned around and instead of racing home maintained the pace.

Both Liz and I were exhausted when we started. After yesterdays speed training session which we both pushed ourselves it was really hard to face up to this morning. On top of that - it was raining.
However after the run we both agreed that the cobwebs had been blown away and going for a run is much better than not running when you have legs full of lactic build up.

Was my first breakfast with a group (ie not at my desk or in the car!!!) and it was hard to smell all their coffees. I had a humungous fruit platter and a bananna smoothie with skim milk. Yummy.

mmmm off to Cha Cha Cha for lunch today. Steak!!!!

2 comments:

Tesso said...

Smart running this morning Clairie. We can't have you burning out or injuring yourself before the big Kurrawa race ... or can we ;-)

Enjoy your lunch. I went there a couple of weeks ago - yummo!!!!

Ewen said...

Clairie, with your banner, for me, it looks like a bit is cut off the bottom (using IE browser).

What fixes it for me is changing LINE-HEIGHT: 2em; (in the lines after #blog-title) to LINE-HEIGHT: 3em;