As I have the Intraining running group tonight I gave the tready a miss and headed for the Eliptical Machine (cross trainer). My whole body was tired. I think Wednesday is my one day each week that I am EXHAUSTED as it is squashed in between two speed sessions.
I was only going to do a solid 10mins on the crosstrainer to warm up for some weights work. At 8min a great song came pumpin on my ipod and I cranked up really fast. Everyone was looking at me and I was feeling like my arms and legs were flying. By 9min I wanted to stop but pushed on...made it to the 10mins just.
Went and got a wiper thing and wiped down the machine. Then realised everyone was laughing at me. I had wiped down the wrong machine....*shame*
Worked hard on the weights with lots of situps at the end.
Right now though I am missing something...COFFEE!!!
Yesterday was the first day of my health regime. No coffee, alcohol, chocolate, processed foods, soft drinks, fat etc. Lots of fruit, veges, meat, fish, wholegrains etc.
It was actually really nice to go to bed without that heavy feeling after having a chicken salad for dinner. Normally we would follow it up with a dessert or chocolate.
Well anyhow it is Day Two today so fingers crossed it goes as well as yesterday.
The thing I miss most is coffee. :(
5 comments:
Good going so far on the healthy eating thing. Sure its only day 2, but I reckon the first few days may be the hardest.
If makes you feel better its day 2 of no chocolate for me :-( Wake me up when November ends. Hmmmm, sounds like the title of that Green Day song, well close :-)
Speaking of songs what was it that got you moving on the crosstrainer?
haha, yes I'd be laughing at you too!
Good luck on the diet Claire, I did what you did, but would not/could not bring myself to remove coffee from my diet!! The first 2 weeks are the hardest for sure, but it's easy after that, hope it all goes well, when you get cranky (which you will) go for a 10 minute walk, it really helps.
Gee, I must be eating all the chocolate you'd normally eat! I don't normally eat much chocolate but I've had some form of chocolate more days than not over the last 2 weeks !
J.
Well done Clairie. The coffee cravings will go soon.
Go you with the healthy eating :) I've been giving up caffiene for the last couple of weeks and am almost there... (what would I do without caffiene-free diet coke? LOL)
If it's any consolation, I've wiped down the wrong machine too ;)
Post a Comment