Friday, November 11, 2005

Regatta Run

Did the 8km loop this morning out and back. Was really happy with it.

Not sure how on earth I managed it but did 5:05min/km on the way out to warm up and then came home in 4:40's. So much for a recovery run, but honestly I never actually felt I was going very fast.

Certainly the race on Wednesday night had a few fast km's in there that made this morning feel easy.

After finishing I found it really hard to cool down. My face was bright red and I was thirsty for a long long time despite drinking lots of water. Still am thirsty so I will ensure I drink plenty today.

As an aside my Hubby and I have 'date night' every Thursday. Last night after dinner we drove up the Mount Cootha road to see where I will be running tomorrow.
I AM GOING TO DIE

Tess what have you dragged me into???

If I don't make it back down, everyone please know that I will miss you all very much.

5 comments:

Jen said...

While we would all miss you terribly if you did not return Clairie, I think I can safely say that no-one reading this blog would possibly think that:

(a) you aren't capable of running it and

(b) that Tesso would leave you out there to die by yourself ;-)

Have fun and enjoy it - in a few weeks, you'll be flying up the 'hill' :-)

Tesso said...

Don't worry Clairie, Mt Coot-tha looks worse at night ;-)

You will make it up, and you will make it back down ... even if we have to roll you :-)))

Clairie said...

ha ha "roll me" ha ha

I might hold you to that Tesso

ha ha

miners said...

oo er - did you go "parking" on your date last night?

Can't wait to join you guys for a spin up that little hill one day ;)

Robert Song said...

In my younger days, a date and a drive up to Mt Cootha meant only one thing!!