What a stupid cow I am - with a big mouth to boot!!!
Had a girl come up to me at the gym. We tend to be there the same times etc and a couple of weeks ago I mentioned the Cool Night Classic - so she knows I am a runner.
Today she was asking me some questions about how much I ran etc and I was being nice as pie and trying to give her some tips and was rambling on for ages. (well it is my favourite topic....)
She must have been smiling on the inside the whole time - her father is a 29min 10km runner, she did her first half - with no training in 1:31 and will be starting training after summer for some 'serious' running. Her 10km time is 35mins and I was just left feeling like an absolute idiot trying to teach HER stuff!!! Why couldn't she shut me up??
Oh well. Made me take it out on the weights that she is just so naturally talented and doesn't even have to work at it - so I got a good session in :)
9 comments:
No comment about the gym but congratulations on the long run on Sunday. Keep fit and keep the steady build up for Canberra. I will be so happy and and proud of you to see you on the start line in Canberra on the Sunday morning. Whatever elso happens after that is a bonus. Saw Tess out at SMC on Sunday - left me in her wake.
I wouldn't feel too bad Clairie, you're not too shabby a runner yourself!
What, 35 minutes for 10k - tell her she's dreamin'. Just kidding. I am intrigued though, who is this mystery woman?
And I thought we were buddies with all the fast girls in Brissie - V, Glenda, Chundachick, Sarah etc etc ;-)
So she says..... an old car racing analogy - when the flag drops the bull*(&^ stops - let's see how real those times are....
And if she has never done any training - then chances are you have a lot to share :-)
If she is doing 35min for 10k she would have to be a 'name runner'. Not too many women unknown with that speed if true. Just stay ahead of her at your next race Clairie.lol.
*L* gotta love a good foot-in-mouth moment, dontcha? *L*
I'm with the others on this though - while I'd love to be that good at running someone like that won't ever know the rewards behind the very long hard slog like the rest of us. To me, that's just as much a part of it!
I know a few girls who can run sub 90 minutes for a HM, but they are nowhere near 35 minutes for 10k. I suspect some fudging may be happening.
I agree with stu mac. If she ran a 90 minute half, she would be more like 40-42 for 10 km at least. Or vice versa, if she ran 35 for 10 km then she should be more like 75-80 minutes for the half. Who is this running anomaly?
I understand your cringe factor, Clairie. Still, I think she's full of poo. I copped that embarrassment from Maxine Seear at my first triathlon. Tam: "Oh, I'm really excited, I've trained really hard, I think I'll do blah time..." Maxine: "I just came back from Worlds..."
Post a Comment