Cruised in to Pat's just in time to catch the group. We headed out for a warm up run and then did some strides.
Todays session was 4min hard, 30sec slow, 2min hard, 30 sec standing recovery.
REPEAT ABOVE
Followed by 2min hard, turn around then 2min back to the start. Race to the top of the hill.
It was hot this morning - slightly muggy from yesterdays rain and I think more to come today.
I ran consistently - consistently slow that is. Didn't want to push the legs too much after 19km of hills yesterday. They actually felt ok just a bit tired but nothing like the soreness I was expecting.
Instead of the rests I just kept the same cruising pace going the whole way. I was breathless and sweating so I was running fast, just not flat out.
Off to Darwin tonight for some secret heat training and a long run with Dingo.
5 comments:
So your legs weren't sore after two laps of Mt Coot-tha huh? Okay, three laps next time :-)
Very smart running this morning Clairie. I call it the 'Matty Method' - when you aren't up to going all out you just go fast and only slightly ease up on the recoveries, if at all.
Enjoy the run with Dingo.
Hey, I read about your run on Tesso's blog as well... sounds like you're going great guns at the moment. It sure was humid this morning, I ran past you guys actually, I was doing the riverloop - I was going so slowly you should have been able to see me :)
Wow running in Darwin - don't let the crocs get ya :-)
Wow i will be great to run in Darwin... just a bit different to the usuall! I had a laugh at your Gym slip up... dont you just hate those bridget Jones moments!
There's no way you can keep heat training secret Clairie...phoooeee!
Post a Comment