Not too hot this morning but certainly feel the change. Very much covered in sweat at the end.
Wish I could wear the teeny bits of clothes that other girls wear when running, but I guess I would rather run with friends than scare them away hee hee.
Went into the gardens to do a hill session with Pat and the group. Three new runners today. Cool. One of the new runners Phil did a 25km race recently and kept with Tesso and I then overtook me and chased Tess for the rest of the run so he is keen to see what our training secrets are.
I had a mental block today. Feel the Pain. I kept repeating this to myself every time I went up the hill whilst secretly praying that Pat would not come near me and push me harder.
I was really happy with the whole session and that I had managed to sustain myself this time instead of easing off. I really pushed myself up to the top when I had no energy left and Pat said 'last one Claire go hard' so I found a little extra and gunned to the top of the hill. Unfortunately at the top I had to stop and jog/walk down as I was having trouble breathing. Nothing serious, just totally out of breath and wanting to spew but breathe at the same time. My ribs don't bother me at all when I run but did keep me up last night for some reason, just aching.
At the end of the run we did a short warm run and I helped pack up all Pat's gear. i had a breakfast to go to instead of work so I had a few extra minutes to spare.
I then rushed off to the showers only to find them closed. DAMN. Bloody things always doing this to me!! I was really grumpy as my breakfast was important and now I had no time to go home and shower. So I did what all desperate girls would do.... I walked into the mens.
All I can say is 'Great boxer shorts David' and 'Phil you should run without a shirt more often' *cheeky grin*.
Seriously I appreciated being let in and them averting their eyes (god I hope they did!!!) so myself and another girl (unknown person) could undress and race to the shower.
Unlike the girls the boys only have 4 tiny cubicles you can barely turn around in and get wet - let alone undress or dry yourself.
I think if we make this co-ed showers a regular thing we might get more runners down to Southbank :)
5 comments:
What a great story that is, Clairie! A hard session followed by a very funny shower escapade! I think they should be co-ed in times of necessity too! Same with the loos...always dozens more females queued up than males.
LOL - I don't think you need to worry about running in teeny little clothes from now on Clairie! Do any of these guys have blogs? I'd love to hear their version of events.
I noticed (from behind) how hard you were working this morning Clairie. Some others who were keeping close to you at first couldn't do so in the final few reps, so strong and consistent running on your part.
Actually new Phil eventually got away from me in that 25k, the bugger! And he can only get better now he's seen the light and joined Pat's.
Dang, I knew I should've showered at South Bank this morning rather than rushing home to do so, after all I only had 5 1/2 hours from the end of the session until I had to be at work ;-)
Gotta love those 'bi-sexual' showers, dontcha? *grins*
Good stuff :)
Hhhmmm - Clairie, I'm not quite sure why you are complaining about the small cubicles. Who needs em? Didn't you notice the wide open shower area directly opposite the cubicles where you have all the room in the world to stretch to your hearts content whilst taking the shower....
It a shame i wasn't there to show you.....
Post a Comment