Tuesday, May 16, 2006

and then it was three....

So it happened. Monday afternoon my grandma had a heart attack. Before you all start being sad...dont' worry. She is doing well and strong as an ox, demanding to be let out of hospital so the priest doesn't have to see her in her pj's - bless her soul. Anyhow she has to finish knitting my winter woolly sox!! I get a pair every year!

Distance: 10km
Time: 1hr
Pace: 15mins of speed after warm up, followed by cooldown.
Location: Botannical Gardens - Pat Carroll Session
BIg group again this morning. Was good to see everyone but missing tessos face still.
15mins of speed interspersed with jog recovery every 60sec. A tough session but I think I felt it was tougher than others. Not too keen on this speed stuff at the moment. Much preferring the longer slower runs. My shoulders are aching and no doubt this is stress as well so the runs are welcome if that makes sense?
Really looking forward to getting away to Warwick with the family well half of us anyhow.
My son Sam's birthday tomorrow. He will be twelve. I love him immensely. Here he is twirling his grand ole mum around the dancefloor in Canberra.

5 comments:

Toasty said...

as long as you say she is alright!

ah Master Clairie, I believe he put up a very fast 10K in Noosa last year around 50 minutes .... we'll have to keep an eye on him!

Robert Song said...

I am very envious!

Delta, my soon to be 12 year old daughter would never get on the dance floor with me. In fact none of my kids would want to. I think it has something to do with my "afro/hippy hippy shake" dancing style.

Tesso said...

Good to hear your grandma is doing well. Make sure you bring plenty of those sox out to Warwick this weekend.

Happy Birthday Sam :-) Watch out Clairie, he's gonna be towering over you before you know it.

Ewen said...

Great photo Clairie. Looks like he's been watching Dancing with the Stars.

I hope Warwick is not too painful. Good luck. Enjoy it!

Stephen Lacey said...

Clairie, you are much too young to have a 12-year old son! So, anyway, that makes him exactly a week younger than my youngest son (of three; the other two are 13 and 15). May all our kids grow proud and strong and wise!

Enjoy your weekend...hope the hip stays good.