Saturday, May 13, 2006

Saturday Long Run

Distance: 16km
Time: 1hr 17mins
Pace: Steady with increasingly faster finish over last 4km.
Location: Regatta
Same run as Wednesday (confirmed it is only 16km...bummer) but different company. Run felt uncomfortable the whole way. Just never got into it. I didn't tire during it but we stopped for water twice which may have helped. The faster finish brought the time down otherwise I would have been way slower than Wednesdays....go figure.
Last 4km was : 4:45, 4:42, 4:37, 4:23. Mark was trying to get me to do 4min finish but there was no way I had anything like that in me.
In fact tonight I am feeling really unwell so maybe that is the key? or possibly just another excuse to cover the fact that I am a lazy bum with little training under the belt.
I have immense cramps and a headache and am putting them down to the round of pummelling and xrays I had on the hip late yesterday.

7 comments:

Hannah said...

It was great to see you this morning! Seems likes agggesssss! Is it me, or have none of us been near the west end runs lately?

Feel better soon, lovely! Shall see you at Warwick!

Tesso said...

Sorry you aren't feeling too well Clairie. Hopefully you're right and its all that pummelling yesterday.

Thanks for making the effort of bringing all those clothes in with you, my neighbour will be over the moon. Ha ha, I just had a vision of us all running down the bikepath past the Wesley and the staff wandering by in the other direction wearing our old clothes :-)

Unknown said...

Cramps & headache, not good, Clairie! But those splits are good especially if you weren't feeling well. Relax...time heals everything!

Ewen said...

That's a legitimate excuse Clairie. No way you're a lazy bum and that last 4k was good. Well done!

Toasty said...

Mark wasn't trying to get you to do a 4 min K finish ..... his legs would have fallen off!

You worked hard and can be proud of that. You are close to where you were before Canberra and it's coming back fast.

2P said...

Give yourself an uppercut Clairie - there is no way you can be unhappy with that last 4k!!!!

Feel for ya with the cramps and headache though - be gentle with yourself (post uppercut) mate ;-)

Rob said...

Good on you Clairie. You our out there doing all that good stuff again.