Wednesday, May 17, 2006

LATEST UPDATE

Life is looking on the up......

Went to the Doc and NO surgery is required. Broken hip is only a sliver - barely visable and you wouldn't notice it in a non-runner/exercise person.

Gave me a funny shot of cortisone and was told to go away and be prepared for some immense pain (his words = extreme discomfort) in my hip and glutes over next 48hrs.

In turn I thanked him for his injection and promptly confirmed (after the shot) that is was ok to run on Saturday for the Warwick Pentath (=42.2km). He dropped his jaw and shook his head and muttered under his breath...but then said ok, providing I don't do ANYTHING for two days. (don't you just love enforced rest!!)
However if pain is still there on Tuesday to go straight back. Gee doctors know just what to say to ease your concerns don't they?

I am so ecstatic that all my pain will be gone and I can concentrate on running again without thinking 'WTF' everytime I get a twinge.

See you all out there on the road
BTW over the next two days please don't post your 'Run of the Year stories'...I don't think I could bare it to hear you enjoy a brilliant run whilst I was in bum agony. *grins*

9 comments:

Shane said...

Firstly, sorry to hear about your Grandmother, I hope she is still doing well and back to her knitting in no time

That is good news hopefully the shot works and you can be pain free for the weekend.

Just to let you know I will be making a comeback to run group tonight, enjoy your rest :)

See you on the weekend.

Superflake said...

Hope the hip recovers ok Clairie. Good to see you can still get up to Warwick for the race.

Cirque said...

LOL - I don't think my 'run of the year' story is likely to inspire too much jealousy on your part.

Hope all continues well with your hip.

2 more sleeps!

Stu Mac said...

Clairie, hip probs, hmmmm, every stride will be putting just that little more strain on that region....

But I assume you already know that!


Hey, has your blog always been so green, I noticed it was a bit hard to read tonight, maybe its just me getting old....

:-)

All the best with your upcoming race

Stu

Eagle said...

A roller coaster ride of news over the last few days. Take it easy at Wawick and have fun. Catch you soon.

Tesso said...

Gees Clairie, you really know how to go out in sympathy for a girl don't you ;-)

Pleeeeaaaase take it easy leading up to Saturday morning. Fingers crossed all will be okay by then. This is the best weekend of running all year and I'd hate for you to come away with painful or unhappy memories of it.

I'm getting excited!!!!

Chelle said...

Yaay! First a happy post by Tesso re Warwick, now one by you. So exciting.. will see you there!

2P said...

Sounds like you're good to go Clairie - I like the blue blog look too :-)

Hope granny keeps getting better.

Rob said...

Happy Birthday to the young fella'.

All the best to Granny.

Hugs and best wishes to you Clairie.

How's Al coping?