I was sure it was a case of Mondayitis this morning. Nothing was going right for me.
Turned up to a run at 5:15 but no-one else showed so I waited (freezing) until the 5:30 runners came. then they were all doing a fast session so took off and left me behind to run on my own aaarrgh. I ran for 5km then my calf ached and I felt crappy and knew today was not going to be a good day. I just took it as it came and didn't worry too much but decided to turn around then after a loop of the gardens.
Headed back to the Regatta and looked at my splits because I was sure I was getting faster and faster. I was too. Here are my splits:
5:03
5:01
4:59
4:57
ha ha ha ha. Oh rest assured it felt like I was flying along. I guess that's what a big weekend of running does to your legs.
After that I had to rush off to a meeting so I didnt get time to stretch. Instead I went to the showers at the Regatta. I was freezing and after standing in the shower realisation dawned on me - no hot water. *groan* I had a quick wash and then went to get dressed.
Skirt and jacket - but no blouse, just an empty coat hanger. I called Tesso who lives nearby but she had gone to work. I HAD to be at this meeting so I just pinned my jacket and went in my bra - looked real sexy too! *embarressment* Not the best look to be meeting a client at 7:30am in their hotel for breakfast......
After the meeting I didn't have time to go home and get dressed (find my blouse) but I did check the boot and found my new Pat Carroll racing singlet. So I threw that on under my jacket - at least I felt better. Though everyone at work is ribbing me about it.
My lunchtime massage appointment came and went with me forgetting AGAIN so I think I have to get back into the routine or I might get booted of the VIP list with Jodi. :)
So working late before heading out for a late night massage. Gotta love the runners lifestyle and priorities heh!
11 comments:
OMG ... you're a mess!
5:30 Saturday ... put it in your diary now
Clairie I can't cope.
Clairie Clairie Clairie, LOL, I bet you were very conscience all day.
At least I just forget socks & undies, it would be a disaster without a shirt.
:-)
Stu
Good Clairie. Glad to see you advertise Pat while at work as well. Hehe.
Poor Clairie :-(
Though you do make us laugh :-)))
I have a feeling that for the next few months the 5.15am people will revert to 5.30am starts. Don't be down on yourself about those times, you had a huuuuuge weekend of racing.
PS Can you beleive this was the first Wednesday morning in months and months I've had to be work at 7am. Anyway, in future I'll ensure there's always something cleaned and pressed ready for you.
Some people will do anything to make a sale...and then make up the most elaborate stories to cover their tracks. Nice work ;-)
I like the lilac background.
Steve
*ROTFLMAO* oh, you poor thing! I can only imagine how self conscious you must've felt - but hey, if the spice girls did it... *L*
You should have stayed in bed!!! Don't you hate those days :-)
I hope your massage was worth the wait.
another entry for the "You know you're a runner when..." thread. :-))
Clairie, sorry but that is pretty funny. That would have been so uncomfortable for you.
Enjoy your massage, if Jodi turns up that is :)
At least you didn't have to borrow Tesso's bra.
Post a Comment