Friday, May 26, 2006

Thursday - Mount Cootha

Thursday - freezing and dark!
Got out of bed and meet everyone at the bottom of the hill of Mt Cootha. Was prepared to suffer today but would still give it my best.

We headed out on a 10min warm up and then Chris told us we were going up to the top -racing. OMG. We ran hard for 3min then recovered for 3min then ran hard for 3min etc.

But get this - for the recovery we were made to walk DOWN the hill. That meant we were covering ground we had already made in the sprinting. So we were going up, down, up, down until we at last got to the Channel 10 Tower.

Following a 20sec rest I had to be at the airport so I raced all the way to the bottom. Man it seemed like a long long time to get there. I dont recall it taking me so long to get up but then again when it was split into 3min segments that makes it all seem different.

Finished the session with a hot shower at home before flying out to Newcastle.
Again - another session with no stretching afterwards so bit grumpy that I am not doing this. Will make an effort over the weekend.

4 comments:

Chelle said...

Gee, that sounds like a hard session for sure. Well done on even turning up for that one!

Tesso said...

I would have been doing the walking back down bits reeeeeaaaallly slowly so as to not lose too much ground :-)

Jen said...

I'm with Tess - I would have been taking lil bitty steps ;-)

Hannah said...

omg - I can't think of anything worse than walking down what you just ran up! Especially on that-mountain-we-all-love-to-hate!
(or is that just me?)

Great session :) xxx