Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Tuesdays Run

Distance: 9km
Time: 12:30 (3km time trial)
Pace: Steady
Location: Pat Carroll Speed Session.
Exertion: Okay this hurt!!


3km Time Trial after a warm up and then followed by cool down.
Was great to be back with a group but how painful to be so slow! I was suprised to run as fast as I did though. Certainly wouldn't have thought 4:10 min/km pace was achievable. Shoelace came undone with 800m to go but I wasn't going fast enough for it to worry me. It just demonstrates I have forgotten all my rules of running already (ie double knots).
I'm guessing tonight I'll be asleep before 8pm.......

5 comments:

2P said...

Nothing wrong with a 12.30 3k Clairie - if you don't want it, I'm happy to take it off your hands ;-)

Chelle said...

Well done Clairie, you looked to be going nice and steady the whole way!

The K marker (1 & 2km) was a bucket! (obvious hey!! :) )

Tesso said...

Wow, if you can do 12:30 after minimal running you must be feeling pretty darn happy. Plenty of time to rev it up before the GC Half.

I heard there were squillions of people there this morning, word must've got around that you were going back :-) Hope there's still room for one more.

Ewen said...

'Okay, this hurt'. I laughed at that one Clairie. 12:30 is fine.

Katie said...

Hahaha you are so tough on yourself!! 12:30 after a marathon and not a lot of running.... that should excite you. Just think in a month after running and feeling back in the swing you will fly! See you at the GC half :-)