I just can't trust my garmin at all anymore. Ran for 30mins then into the gardens and back and it said 8.97km in total...aarrggh. I know I ran at least 13km today.
The first bit on my own at 5.30am was a struggle. I had some great music and was keen to run but the body just wasn't willing. I had to push myself up the hills and then prevent the body from walking down. I actually stopped after 2km (10mins) and stretched then turned around and ran back.
Back at the Regatta I picked up Liz and Chris. Saw Mark - who was off racing the world (what he calls taking it slow is 4.30min/km).
I ambled about with Liz and Chris and we talked about our running and iron levels. It was really good to chat to her - a nutritionist. She is doing a study at the moment (paper due at Uni after the break) about iron levels in women - with some focus on long distance runners. Very interesting.
Anyhow I finished the run feeling like I had done a marathon. Certainly won't be doing hills tomorrow.
Maybe I make this week a low mileage week before upping it again next week....
8 comments:
It takes me at least 4 km to warm up on an early morning run. Sometimes the body is less cooperative than others in those early km, but if you just keep running I find it all comes good. Well, usually.
5:30am is a struggle even in a crowd Clairie - good on you for getting out there and sticking with it.
It's probably the best thing just to have an easy week if you are feeling fatigued.
Are you still doing the 30k at Bribie or will you drop it back to 15k?
I also have a new blog address same blog just different URL
http://my-exercise-diary.blogspot...
5.30am is a struggle no matter what, but even more so if you are struggling with iron issues. You will be bouncing off the ceilings again very soon but take it easy in the meantime.
Is the world awake at 5:30am, I know I'm not. Good days and bad days we have every month. It can't all be good. Better run tomorrow just to check!
So you won't be doing an ironman? ..... ha, to think no one else picked up on such an easy line ... or is it just me? ... it's me isn't it?
I hope the iron does the job Clairie.
Post a Comment