Life is sweet....and then you get injured.
My injury is running related I say but my husband said it is not really. I got it when I hopped on the scales this morning after my first week of hard effort at training and following my regime of healthy eating. I put on weight. WTF. I am devastated.
So naturally my swollen toe seems to come from kicking the wall as opposed to running too many kms....
Headed to the gym in a foul mood that passed as soon as I went through the front door. Did a hard 30mins on the bike followed by 60mins of weights and stretching.
Going to stick it out still and see what comes of it. I'm not a quitter.
On the positive side I feel fantastic and full of energy so that is a better benefit than any body changes I was hoping for.
9 comments:
Its the old 'muscle weighs more than fat' thing kicking in. Remember we discussed this over dumbbells on Saturday.
Though if that was me I'd use it as an excuse to stop the no alcohol nonsense and have a glass of red ;-)
sounds like pure words of wisdom from the wise tess. Get pumped more so you can put some more weight on, and then go drink yourself silly ;)
Give it a month at least, and if a trend hasn't been established by then, well, you might want to tweak the diet, but it is probably hard to expect to lose weight from an already lean body while simltaneously building muscle.
Tesso's right. It's pure muscle Clairie. That's why I stick to my Mr.Puniverse looks...less weight to carry round.
I thought it was from kicking the scales. Did hubby have his toe on the back of the scales when you jumped on. Muscle weighs more than fat.
Got to jump on the Tesso bandwagon. It's purely muscle, and if you feel great, does it matter?
It's muscle Clairie. You know that. Stick with it & it will pay off.
Agree with all the others Clairie, and there's the added bonus that you are feeling great and full of energy.
Remember what Einstein said: e=mc2. Any extra muscle mass you have is going to be converted into more energy at something like the speed of light squared. That's damn quick! (Don't trust me on the physics of what I just said, but I'm sure the logic still applies - stronger muscle, more speed. And a little of Tesso's red drop will help with the conversion rate as well!)
are u sure hubby didnt fiddle with the scales?
not that guys ever do these kind of things...
Post a Comment