Met at the bottom of Mt Cootha this morning with a group of about 20 of us. Due to the sun rising earlier now we are able to go back to the trail run from Slaughter Falls up to Channel 9.
It was very nice out there this morning - chilly but good once you were warmed up.
Did 3 reps which I was really really really happy with - everyone else did 2!
I was keen to run and do the hills but the legs complained. No real pain just general slowness. Gosh I hope it is not permanent! :)
Got the skins on at work today (can you tell?) so hopefully the legs recover fully in time to be thrashed again tomorrow.
Thinking seriously about running on the treadmill at the gym instead just to give my legs a bit of rest from the concrete & bitumen before Saturdays long run.
8 comments:
Bit chilly hey! ;-)
I'm hoping to wangle a work trip to Brisbane one day soon and then I'll be able to enjoy running in warmer weather in the morning!
Good effort Clairie! You are training hard.
The treadmill is less of a workout, Clairie..the machine is doing the bulk of the work, but I find it does have a much higher rate of impact on the knees. Good idea though, to give your legs a bit of rest from concrete, etc. Set ithe treadmill so that you can just feel an incline...makes for easier landing on your feet.
Enjoy Saturday's long one!
Wow, Clairie you are on fire at the moment. Your new program has inspired me - now I've just got to find me a BIG goal ;-)
Go Clairie!!! Good on ya for showing up those young pups and the boys by doing three reps.
I'm sooooo looking forward to the long run Saturday. Its like the start of a whole new cycle of training.
Nice work Clairie. I really like the sound of that Mt. Cootha. Hope you guys can take me for a burn up there one day.
This run reminds me of your preparations for Canberra. Could this be the start of something?
Mt Cootha sounds tough.How far is it and how much climb for us out of staters?
Ps UPW=Unleash Power Within.
R2B
Post a Comment