Friday, September 29, 2006

WEIGHED DOWN....

I'll be weighing an extra 10kilos this week due to the heavy metal in my body. The amount of iron I have had in the past two days - I'm hoping some of it gets absorbed!!

Went to the gym yesterday as I thought it would be best to give the hills a miss this week. Did 30mins on the bike followed by 90mins on the weights. It was tough but I enjoyed it for a change.

Today is rest day. Yah. Haven't had one of those for a while.

I am really noticing my health plan benefits this week. I have been having coffee maybe 3 times a week. I no longer crave it and don't need a hot drink in the mornings either.
As for alcohol, I have had the odd glass of wine when out with friends but in the past 3 weeks have maybe had a total of 5 glasses. Thats a massive cut down for me.
But aside from the actual products themselves, what I really notice is that I am out of the habit.I love my coffee and wine and bad foods. But I no longer have them just because.
I no longer have a coffee when I arrive at work or go out with a client. I have grown inventive with other options.
I no longer have a glass of wine when cooking a special meal or eating out with my hubby. If I feel like one, I'll have one. But it is no longer habit.That is what I call eating healthy.

15 comments:

Shane said...

Sounds great Clairie it's good to break bad habits, just soooo damn hard to do it. You may need to rethink your avatar on coolrunning but :)

Matty said...

Well done Clairie!!!! Likewise, I now have four alcohol free days a week and four coke free days a week. I'll probably improve that even further about four months out from next years Gold Coast Marathon.

I know you can get better - keep it up!!!

Anonymous said...

Bloody hell Clairie - lucky I am drinking enough coffee for both of us!! Someone has to live this life...XXO little sister.

Will hit the wine with you after Noosa - have to reintroduce a few bad habits that night...

2P said...

Hehe the 10kg may not just be because of all the heavy metal Clairie - with all that iron you may need fibre tablets ;-)

Good work on changing all the bad rabbits :-)

miners said...

Careful when you walk past large speaker stands or anything else with sizeable magnets in them ...

miners said...

You don't have any MRI's booked for the next week or two either do you?

Stu Mac said...

The habits are always the hardest...well done.


Thanks so much for your email this week, it was uplifting and received with many thanks.


Stu

Cirque said...

Ouch! You just reminded me how much of a habit that little glass of wine after work has become.

Samurai Running said...

My wife is reading a book now whose premise is that if you refrain from something for more than 3 weeks then that will become the norm or "new habit". While it seems to be working for you with regards to your "bad habits" the future of my sex life is in great doubt!

Rob said...

Well done Clairie. Just don't break the running habit.

Ewen said...

Well done Clairie. You'll have to change your wineglass avitar on CoolRunning ;)

Toasty said...

You certainly set a good example and I expect you will see the results in your running. Will you be doing anything in between Bribie and Kurrawa. I think you could really set this race up for a good time, if you don't run any races in between.

CJ said...

Sounds like the health plan is working Clairie - I can give up most things but not coffee. Yep I'm an addict!

I promise to get new running shos this weekend - tomorrow in fact. Which meant, I confess, that I run in my old ones again this morning *slap on wrist*.

R2B said...

Thats very encouraging Clairie because at the end of the day it's all about what you want not what you make yourself do!

Unknown said...

Great post., Calirie! You'll inspire others to make a change to good eating habits...but I still like my 2 cups a day of coffee!