Tuesday, October 03, 2006

3km Time Trial

Went out to the Time Trial this morning with absolutely no expectations.

I even contemplated just watching after the warm up but I was surrounded by so many enthusiastic persons that it was hard to not want to run.

Ally was racing and going to go sub-12 for the first time so I was keen to watch - which meant I had to stay close or not run. I decided to run and stay right behind her. Well I would never have had the energy to go past anyhow!!!

The legs felt lactic after 1km and I couldn't believe I was doing this to myself. But to tell you the truth they never got any worse and I started to just coast along. A very tranquil feeling, then again I eased off at the turnaround as it was quite crowded and you had to remain in single file.
I never got that gut busting finish or exhausted myself like I usually do but still I was able to have a good run.

Pat clocked me at 12:10 and I was happy with that effort. The km splits speak for themselves:
3:56
4:12
4:02

Another day in the bank. Oh and I must mention - 500gm lighter this week. So 4 weeks of solid effort has paid off (what a joke!)

4 comments:

miners said...

nice effort considering you felt like you were floating and felt so comfortable! :)

Stephen Lacey said...

You Brisbane runners seem to have so many opportunities to go out and blast away. Half your luck.

So what is the longest race you have run all km splits at under 4:00/km? Or at least averaged under 4:00/km...

Toasty said...

Something has paid off, you have regained heaps of energy which is fantastic to see.

Wobbly man said...

Great run Clairie! I wish I could run splits like those!