Was so great to see Tesso back at Pat's this morning. It really lifted my spirits.
After the warm up I was feeling very lethargic and leg-heavy but was reassured by Tess that I would feel better once we got going.
I think the key is that you work so hard in a speed session you don't have time to ponder how you are feeling.....
We had 1min hard (30) 30 sec hard (15)15sec hard (15) REPEATED
Not sure how many times we did this but it felt like lots. Tess and I usually run together but the damn little champion has pneumonia and still was keeping up with me so I am obviously in need of some more speed sessions to keep up with her in the future.
It was a great session - all topped off by 2 x hill repeats that totally wasted me.
I felt great afterwards knowing I had worked hard and not slacked off (ummm thanks Tess for that comment halfway through..)
Going to go and reward myself with a cup of coffee now..mmmmmmmmm
6 comments:
This morning was a real gutbuster. Wouldn't it be great if all sessions felt that good! I wasn't really keeping up with you ... but thanks for thinking I was :-) And thanks for giving me something to chase.
Now if both of us can keep the momentum going Sunday at the 5k Champs little Clare G is in danger of missing out on her 100 points ;-)
I agree, my legs felt like lumps of lead this morning in the warm-up but then were OK in the session.
Hope you enjoyed the coffee.
Good Girl Clairie for working hard. It will all pay dividends in the long run. See you soon.
I already feel bad enough for doing next to little training and feel even worse now reading your blog.....Thanks alot!
Just kidding, your doing great, working hard like you always do.
I wonder if I will be able to keep up when I get back.
Hi Clairie
I like your comment about working hard and not thinking too much about speedwork. Just might be the key. I set off to do my 3KTT this morning but felt so slow in the warm up that I thought I couldn't come close to running a good TT so I did a long slow run instead and decided that I will do the TT in the next morning. I'll only use my mind then to imagine a few of my blogger mates cheering me on. Good work today Clairie
Post a Comment