Friday, October 20, 2006

Friday - Rest Day

Got up this morning and lacked enthusiasm but habit is stronger so I got in the car and headed into the gym.

The day started out badly when a BCC truck driver nearly ran me off the road. Then when I got to Milton road I was directed around in another direction due to the closure of the Riverside Expressway. When I went that way I was then directed over the Goodwill bridge - into Southbank....which is not anywhere near my gym.

I turned around and came back then went into Roma Street into the city. You could not turn right into the street my gym was on. I was 30mins late by now and really steaming.

So I gave up and came to work.

I feel sorry for the businesses that this road closure must be affecting. The gym is just one. How on earth anyone in a car can get to it is beyond me.

So enforced rest day today. Will have to do something tomorrow instead.

7 comments:

Rob said...

You are right Clairie. the Courier Mail today, reports that business are losing millions each day. It is amazing the effect a 2 meter crack in a road can have. Let's hope that there isn't a major emergency during peak hours.

Tesso said...

Maybe some real good will come in the aftermath of all this traffic crap, like more bridges for us to run over! I just hope that guy with the recently acquired squeeky voice wasn't at the gym this morning waiting for you.

Rest will not go astray, you had a big day yesterday. And you want to be feeling 100% on Sunday.

R2B said...

Bugger!
Well at least the road will be made safe.Nice Run at Mt Cootha too?

Best wishes for Sunday!

2P said...

Could be a blessing in disguise for you though Clairie.

Robert Song said...

I would have liked to have seen them directing you over the Goodwill Bridge???

See you Sunday.

miners said...

Glad it's not just the backward country cockroaches that can get lost in your big country town up there ;)

Matty said...

C'mon Clairie - Stop whinging :) Why not jump on the bike and cycle to work and the gym!!!