I have a very fat sister. Well actually she used to be fat. Now she is damn skinny and rang me last night just to tell me she is now 54kg.
She is arriving shortly for the Noosa Triathlon and the first task will be to weigh her in to ensure this is correct. I liked being the skinniest sister (there are 6 of us). So water and crackers all week until she arrives.......
This morning, tired as I was I met Liz and we ran for 13km from Regatta into the Gardens and back - via the city thanks to the closure of the Expressway. It made for a welcome and interesting detour! Those police were very polite in offering their assistance upon witnessing my sweaty breathless demeanour.
I was exhausted when we finished - we averaged 5min/km so nothing too fast. Will try to eat some red meat in the next few days.
Today also was my regular massage day. I am not sure if it was just me or not but they don't hurt anymore and I don't really feel any pain during the massage. So my question to you - DO MUSCLES GET USED TO PAIN? Do they adapt the the vigours of a masseuse so that it feels quite thereapeutic (ie. aromatherapy like)????? I'm curious. Either that or I have to tell Jodi to have her weeties next fornight :)
6 comments:
Thanks for the support Clairie, I'm not crying just yet :-) Even if I dont run I will be there to cheer you all on anyway.
Massages generally hurt when the muscles are tight in that area (knots). Once they have been "loosened" up from regular massaging there will be alot less discomfort.
Is your sister flying, if so some people retain fluid after being in an aircraft. My suggestion, take the scales to the airport that way you will win for sure :-)
My first few massages hurt like hell but they rarely hurt anymore. Except when Easy Tiger finds a tight spot. Yikes!
Ha Ha Clairie you are so naughty. I didn't say 54 at all. I beleive it was a bit more than that and who cares anyway???
I think perhaps now you are having regular massages your muscles aren't as "tight" and therefore don't resist as much, making it not hurt or hurt less. Certainly you should still be feeling the benefits. If you stop and then go back, I reckon it would hurt for sure.
Looking forward to seeing you soon. If you have scales at the airport I promise you I will beat you over the head with them....catfight for sure!!!
I love my sister and I hope I did not offend anyone by my post.
That said, I also forgot to mention how damn hard she works on her training with 10-12 sessions a week bike/swim/runs. I am so very very very proud of her and will be cheering her on every step of the way at Noosa.
.....followed by a bit fattening lunch for sure :)
not sure about the muscles thing - I've only ever had, like, 2 massages in my life!
Best of luck to Sis on the weekend :)
Do muscles get used to pain? Think back to when you first started running....
As for your sister - I'd put rocks in her camebak ;-)
Post a Comment