Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Its a beautiful day...

Liz and I struggled to get out this morning so we laughed when we both saw each other in the carpark at 5.30am both scowling and moaning.

We ended up having a great run and feeling really good for getting out there.

10.5km Fartlek that went like this
2.5 warmup
500m fast
500m steady
500m fast
2km steady
1km fast
500m steady
1km fast
1km steady
500m fast
500m cooldown.

A good workout. Steady pace was around 4:30-4:40 but we focussed on form and breathing as opposed to running all out speed so we were very happy. Even managed to talk through a few of them which gave us an added aerobic benefit.
Everything is just smooth sailing at the moment.
I love being a runner.
Thanks to everyone out there for making me enjoy it so much.

Gotta love the endorphins heh?

9 comments:

Chelle said...

its just such a great feeling isnt it, putting one foot in front of the other, sounds so basic, yet gets you on top of the world for the whole day.
And no, 'Puppy' isnt a puppy anymore, hes 14months and fully grown, but he was much cuter as a puppy so I'm clinging no to that ;)

Superflake said...

Nice run Clairie. Especially if you can still talk during speedwork. Or maybe that means you are not running fast enough!

Stephen Lacey said...

I think somebody is a little pumped this morning. Great to see you so on top of the world.

TD said...

Beautiful post, Clairie. I love feeling that "love being a runner" feeling too. I have running to thank for bringing so much satisfaction into my life. And to know that others share that unique spirit is a very special thing.

Jen said...

Yep, sure do :-)

Toasty said...

I wish I could have been there.

It makes me happy to read you are on top of the world again and look forward to seeing take on the challenges ahead like Kurrawa and Canberra.

I just realised that those two names rhyme .... quick someone make up a poem before I have to do it.

Ewen said...

I can't remember what endorphins feel like.

You're going well Clairie. I'm waiting for the "Tess is Back at Pat's" post.

Katie said...

" I love being a runner" Here Here!!!! Endorphins... drug of choice :-)

R2B said...

Nice work Clairie glad you enjoyed you run!!

R2B