Monday:
Went to the gym and decided to try spinning again. I was confident that knowing how to get out of the bike and also how to set it up that I would be okay today.
The class was not as hard as the first one but I was not prepared for the pain in my butt when I took my first seat - I think I might have bruised it from the first session last week. Does that happen often?
Anyhow it was a great workout but this woman was not as good as the bloke - you could not hear a word she was saying and she did not really give off any energy or vibes. Nonetheless I worked hard and managed to get through it (and off) in one piece.
Tuesday:
Everyone was asking about Tess today - they knew she was due back and I was constantly being stopped and questioned about her absence. I will take a sign next time :)
I caught up with her quickly on Sunday night after she arrived back from her time in Sydney but she found out she was off to Adelaide for work for a few days - so no running at Pat's for another week for her.
We had her favourite hill session this morning. It was strange, I didn't feel like I was working hard. The first two laps I was out the front, then I got overtaken by a couple of people. Nothing unusual there. However I just kept going and towards the end I was able to go past those same people. Consistency really paid off.
Normally in this session I burn and bust and am satisfied but after today - it was way more satisfying finishing in one piece and working consistently hard throughout the session. I feel really great and all fired up so pretty happy that the spin yesterday didn't have any drastic effects on my legs for today.
4 comments:
They say (whoever "they" are?) that bike work is good for hills.
And um yes - riding a bike your bum does get sore... Miners probably hasd some nice horror stories.
Yep, a sore bum is very common. Try putting your seat down a little if it's getting sore and make sure you're sitting well back on the saddle. That means a little more weight is on your legs rather than your bum. Not that you have much weight to worry about.
A great hill workout this morn - sounds like those spinning sessions are already starting to pay off. Can't wait to try one with you. Better bring my gel seat along :-)
PS I've been away so long even I've forgotten all about me.
well no horror stories so far - but yes, the bum will be pretty sore for the first month or so. If you keep doing it consistently, it'll get "hardened" to it after that :)
and who is this Tesso fellow?
Post a Comment