The hill session at Mount Cootha this morning turned into a hard slog.
We ended up doing the whole loop! Raced up the trail (without tripping up or hurting too much) though I was totally spent by the time we got to Channel 10.
We then continued along the top on an undulating road - which is wonderful on a long slow run - yet this morning was anything but! I had dead legs and was running on empty. I persevered more-so when a new girl tried to get in front of me! Imagine!
Going down was the hardest - my left knee was really aching. As soon as we went uphill again it was fine. Weird - but I always knew I hated downhills.
We ended up running for just over an hour of tough hills and I was totally buggered.
Obviouly I am an obsessed runner - because at lunch today I decided that HARD DAYS HAVE TO BE HARD so I went out for an hours run at 12:30pm.
Secret heat trainnig for Kurrawa!
Was meant to do it with Tess but she had a Very Important engagement to attend to.
So there I was dying along the river, sweating out buckets and looking at all the other people out there thinking "are they actually enjoying this??" I wasn't.
Then again, I had forgot my sunscreen and my Garmin went dead after 20mins so I had no idea how fast or how long I was actually out there for.
I have a headache now - so lots of water this afternoon.
Might have a rest tomorrow...then again might do SPIN.
Heh Neuted - can you sit on a bike yet? Maybe you can join me? 6:15am North Quay Fitness First gym.
5 comments:
And you're saying that I am doing a lot of training! Just reading this post left me feeling exhausted! Would never have guessed that you were an obsessed runner (says she with tongue in cheek!) :-)
No bike!
I will swim in the morning and go for a little run on Saturday.
Certainly sounds like a hard day Clairie - top stuff ;-)
Hi Clairie
You wrote "So there I was dying along the river, sweating out buckets and looking at all the other people out there thinking "are they actually enjoying this??"
I understand what you are saying.
When I was a young surfer I actually felt sorry for people who didn't surf and I've not found a sport, except for running, that gives me this type of feeling. Although we are mostly too nice to say it us runners do feel a bit sorry for the poor bastards that don't.
Wow, what at day! I hate those undulations, give me the big hill anyday.
I won't tell anyone about your secret training if you don't tell anyone I'm doing mine today :-)
Post a Comment