Friday: 3km Gym treadmill, 60mins weights/stretching. (ok 60mins laying down on the ground pretending to stretch my back.
Saturday: 23.5km Mini River Loop through St Lucia, Indooropilly, Yeronga and back to Southbank skipping West End. A good run with fast moments and slow moments. The slow ones were at the end. That may sound logical but I had hoped that I would be able to finish strong on my long runs by now. So the plan for next weekends run is to go easy and be able to finish as strong as I start.
Sunday: 55min beach run. The run that was not supposed to be. I have a suspected sore foot. Well it IS sore but I am hoping it is nothing overly much to worry about. It doesn't hurt when I am barefoot :)
5mins knee high water, 5mins soft sand, 5mins hard sand. REPEAT 3 times finish off with 10mins water running to cool down.
Monday: Rest Day....I need it, first day back at work and I have the Holiday Is All Over Blues.
9 comments:
I have the holidays have been cut short blues :-(
Nice running with you on Saturday, Im hoping to make it a regular thing this year, so fingers crossed I stick to that.
I hate first day back at work blues - seems to be hard to avoid though isn't it?
Happy New Year Saint Claire! Thank you for your lovely holiday wishes, and good to see at least one of us was committed enough to keep the holiday blogging going! :)
Happy New Year (a bit late). I hope the first day back at work wasn't too bad.
C'mon, what about some graphic descriptions or photos of the blisters for your friends out in Blogsville.
We had to look at them, it almost put me off my brekky. Radar should've been there, he could have gotten away with stealing that one unlike his foiled attempt the day before.
I got home and checked my training program from this time last year .... I was up to 28K for the long run ... count me in for Saturday (with strong finish).
Today was my first day back, too, and all I could think about was my nice runs with you guys in Brissie a couple of week's ago.
I'm sure continued runs with Tesso and co will repair any post-holiday hangovers.
Finishing strongly on the long runs sounds like a good plan.
Don't work too hard ;)
I am sooo gonna have the blues - I don't go back till the 22nd....
LOL - glad you only suspect it is sore.
Why is it I always feel tired after reading your blog entries?
Post a Comment