Wednesday, January 26, 2005

10Km Recovery Run

Headed out this morning to meet up with Irishman and Pat -both who are training for upcoming Marathons. Had a 50min recovery run scheduled so I thought it would be quite easy.
Hubby even suprised me by jumping out of bed and coming along. He left us at the start as he just wanted to jog REAL slow. Tee'd up with Pats partner Jo and they did a good 8km.

The other two and I ran out for 25mins and got to the 5km turnround in the Botanical gardens. Thought we would head back and managed to pick up the pace. Saw hubby and Jo ahead so picked up the pace a bit again. Went by with some snide comment about his butt (gorgeous but I'm biased) and saw the 500m sign so sprinted home forgetting to remain in recovery mode. Did the 10km in just under 49mins.

I guarantee you I will be sore tomorrow.

Got home and Hubby and I lazed for the day watching movies and cricket. Happy Australia Day!

No comments: