Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Ians Running Group

Pat is allowed one week of a year.....so this week is it.

Ian worked the group hard running us out to New Farm for the 8x 1min sessions with 45sec recovery.
Tried to stay with Tess. Managed it for the first 3 then slowed a bit. The 5th one I thought I was going to spew- had a stitch or something that wsa pushing my stomach up through my throat. The 6th one I started to come back and then went hard again for the final two just managed to catch Tess again.

Had to then do a 30sec effort on the way home. Pulled up at 26sec as I thought he said stop but he was yelling 'keep it going'. Anyhow I was hurting so bad I probably would have stopped anyway.

Keen to see how Thursday goes. This weather is hurting everyone and it seemed like we were all pushing hard and digging deep this morning. I am sure Tess is getting faster just trying to run away from me....will have to improve to keep trying to catch her. Heh Tess - if your'e reading this hurry up and get a blog so I can read all your training secrets :)

3 comments:

Tesso said...

My only training secret at the moment is trying to keep ahead of you, though this morning I only managed to do it in half of the reps!

Think I had that "I'm gunna be sick" feeling myself once or twice today. But hey, how good is it to have somebody to chase, or run away from!!!

Fantastic work this morning Clairie, you are running so well these days. So what is YOUR secret???

Horrie said...

Claire, I will let you in on one of Tesso's little secrets that us Sydney Cool Runners know of. Wheat beer!!!!!! After a night out with Cool Runners in September chugging down a few of the best that the James Squire Brewhouse has to offer, Tesso ran out of her skin the following Sunday and ran a PB for the Half as she was running away from Johnny Dark and trying to catch me.

Rob said...

Clairie's secret is red wine.