Well it's started. The new year is here and already the first month is nearly halfway through.
I am feeling the effects of too much drinking and eating over the holidays. Amazing what a bottle of red and a bottle of baileys each night can do for you. As well as the weight issue the thing I fought with most was the lack of motivation to get up at 5am each morning.
I did get up every second day and by the time I had got home and showered everyone else was still dead to the world. I ended up reading a lot of books between 8am and 11am when everyone else eventually woke up, showered and had brunch. I must admit I was always first into bed in the evenings though. Some habits die hard.
Keen to start the serious training now as I hope to get a good result in Canberra in the 10Km. Also there is the Lest We Forget half marathon and many other races that will be coming up so quickly.
Tomorrows speed session should be an eyeopener as my gluttony will be on show for the world to see and it will be the first speed session since losing Don back in mid December!
Here's to a great year of running!
1 comment:
It must be a common thing, Clairie. I read a lot between 8 and 11 on my holidays after the early morning session - and I was flaking out at 11PM.
Post a Comment