First run in my new NIKE speed shoes. Went well but I laced up too tightly and one shoe was annoying me during the cooldown.
Went out for 4km warm up, then did 15mins of intervals followed by 3.5k cooldown around Southbank.
The intervals were 1min sprint(1min jog) 30sec sprint (30sec jog) 15sec sprint (15sec jog) and then repeat x4.
It was hard doing the 1min sprint after the 15 sec sprint as you only had 15sec to recover and I seemed to push harder on the shorter sprints. But it was good to then jog recovery for a whole minute.
The last 15sec was actually more like 45sec as we had to run to the finish line and everyone seemed to be bending over in the bushes or walking around trying to get air into their lungs so I think we all worked hard today.
I have no idea how Tess and Eddie manage it - after doing a long 3hr+ run on the weekend in the humidity and then a speed session (all up around 1hr 10mins).... I am sure they will both be breaking records this year.
Great to see Pat is back. He really is interested in everyone's running (of all capabilities) and always has something good to say or comment on. Today, whilst I pushed hard, I really thought how much I like being part of the group and seeing us all progress and how we all support each other. I'm sure another killer speed hill session on Thursday will wipe out any sentiment though.... :)
1 comment:
I always manage to lace my shoes too tight for some reason *grins* Then by the time you realise, it's usually too much of a pain to have to stop and loosen them!
Good going with the runs. 4km warm up? I'd be a cooked chook!
One day.... :)
Post a Comment