Got up this morning - big task seeing as it is Wednesday and my usual day off from running. But not no more. Now only one rest day per week until Canberra.
Met up at the Regatta with the other 14 runners. Tesso was there and we ran together whilst the other Regatta runners did their interval speed session. I knew we were cracking a good steady pace and was eager to finish but at the turn around Tess said "no we go further on Wednesdays" so we had to run another few kms...I was devastated.
After the eventual turnaround the speed runners caught up with us (they had gone a lot further) and we then ran back to the Regatta. With about 1km to go I really felt like dying. On top of yesterdays speed session and a few weeks of minimal running it was obvious I had lost some form. But what I hadn't lost was my determination to not walk and to keep up with Tess. Thankfully it got me home in one piece.
After we stopped Tess headed out to do another 10km! But not before she advised me we had just finished our 10km at under 5min pace. I was pretty chuffed. My 10km PB is 50.19. Whilst I know I can beat that I still need to wait for an offical track/time to do so. It was good to know that I was running steady at that pace anyhow. Not too sure how I will fare at tomorrows speed session with Pat though.
Can't wait until Sunday's rest day.
No comments:
Post a Comment