Friday, January 28, 2005

Regatta Runners - 8Km

Getting into quite a routine now with all the different weekly runs. Think I could do Regatta run with a blindfold on.
Good size group turned up but still no Tess. :(
We were a bit late getting out. Chris was running keeping everyone in the lane to avoid all the bikes and other users of the path. He is terrified of another accident.
Good pace heading out but I forced myself to back off on the return. Really had to treat this like a recover run to enable me to be relatively fresh for tomorrows long run.
Then Casper caught up to me. She had inevitably gone for a longer route and was on her way back. I maintained pace with her (OMG) until another girl caught up - who had also done the longer route. Casper waved her on and stayed with me but then I said 'that's not like you to let someone get past' so she was off, chased her down and got home first. Thats more like it. No way could I have kept up and I didn't want to have to try...not today. She was fresh from her 37.20 10km run on Monday night at the track!
Legs felt really good in the shower but I would have loved to have done 30mins of stretching. Might need to do that when I get home tonight.

1 comment:

Jen said...

You are going so well Clairie ! Enjoy those stretches tonight and have fun on your long run tomorrow :-)