Thursday, January 20, 2005

Eddies Missing, Mattys Back and Ians a Nazi!

Yep it all happens at Thursday's speed session.

Eddie is excused as he had his big birthday celebrations keeping him up all night but we all missed him nontheless.

Great to see Matty back - even better to be able to run past him :)

But what on earth has happened to Ian??? Threatening us that we will have to do another sprint if we did not put more effort it. Said we were having a holiday because Pat was away and that we could all do better..yeh yeh yeh.
Anyhow it worked. Guess I must thank him and collect my knife from his back where I threw it on the warm down..

Ran out hard chasing Tess (who was chasing Robbie) then at the turnaround she was about 4m in front (so after turning I was in front). Upped the pace to try to keep her away then just as she was on my tail I saw the picnic table (finish line) so ran my guts out. Unfortunately got the wrong table so had to hold that pace for another 200m. Then as the run was a timed one and I had done a negative split had to keep going for another few seconds. Torture! Finished not even caring where anyone else was, just had to hold my guts to make sure they didn't come out my mouth!

Matty was cheering as we went past - he was running slowish due to injury - but could have killed him when he kept egging Tess on to fly past me. Note to Matt - she doesn't need encouragement she has hidden wings!!

1 comment:

Rob said...

I love reading your Blog Clairie. You should have your own column in the News Paper.