Saturday, January 15, 2005

Running Buddies - 20Km

Aptly named, the Running Buddies really are a great group of friendly runners keen to laugh and talk and run long distances.

This morning we met up at 5am at Southbank and headed out for a run before meeting back at the Ship Inn to collect all the 6am starters. Did about 8km running out to the Regatta and back then waited around for everyone to arrive. Running out was easy and slow but Tesso and I were the only two going back to get the others so we picked up the pace a bit making the long run harder.
Once we had a group again we headed out along the cliffs and up over Storey Bridge into New Farm. Tess and I stopped about 1km out from New Farm Park and turned around to head home. 20Km was enough for one day. Tess has a 26km run to do tomorrow (Sunday) and I was simply exhausted from a full week back to running hard so cutting it short (everyone else was doing 30km) was a good thing.

According to Pat's program I am scheduled for a recovery week this week coming so should be interesting....



1 comment:

Horrie said...

You've certainly earnt that recovery week. Make the most of it and enjoy it. Then come back again and continue to train hard. Then you can savour the results of your hard work. You're doing great Claire, keep it up.