Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Yep it Hurts!

First speed session in weeks. Thought it would be good to keep up running but not do any speed sessions whilst I was on holidays. Managed to do the hills and run on the beach instead so I though I maintained some strength but gee this morning was a bit rough.

Had 30/30's in my program but got there to find out it was a hill session. A solid warm up followed by 15mins of racing up a big hill and jogging down then racing up etc.
Had Tess in arms reach for the first 8mins (she had just come off night shift) but she kept charging forward and I kept pulling back so the gap widened. With 2 to go I tried to close the gap as best I could but I was really hurting. Jonesy kept overtaking me on the downhill and then I would overtake him on the uphill - but here I was huffing and puffing and he is barely breathing!

At the bottom of the last one Pat said to jog to the Goodwill Bridge then race it home. Again I tried to catch Tesso but she was on skates, made do with overtaking two guys with great bods who were doing it hard over the bridge. Felt good about that even if they werent in our running group!

Definitely feeling it now as I feel like I need a quick cat nap to recover but must get back to all the work waiting for me. Looking forward to Thursdays session. No matter how hard they feel when you run them.....they make you feel great afterwards. Like a real runner!

1 comment:

Horrie said...

Who are you trying to kid Clairie with that comment about feeling like a real runner? Running 25km in the Kurrawa to Point Danger relay and then backing up not long later to run for 3 hours on fat bloke's fat ass run. There are runners out there who could only dream about doing these sort of things so you need to be a bit easier on yourself. Keep on training hard and taking us with you on your journey through this blog. As I, for one am enjoying reading about your efforts.