Had a bad night. Hubby was late - had gone up to Coolum on his motorbike with Matt (12yr) so I could not sleep until they were home. Then I was freezing during the night and kept waking up (why I didn't just put the cover on I don't know). When Hubby got up to go to work at 4am I felt like we had only just gone to bed.
By the time I was at the Regatta for 6am run I felt good though. Heh It's Friday - my favourite day!
Headed out for a 6Km run. No Tess today - too busy working.
Told Glenda (very fast runner) aka coolrunner casper, that she had to do the 7.5km run and still be the first woman home. Hearing that she took off.
I turned around at the 3km mark (15mins) and came home in 14:40. She was about 300m behind me and had done just under 8km in 33mins. Amazing considering she was only warming up the first 3kms.
Did a lot of stretching whilst waiting for everyone else to finish (Glenda was first home out of all the runners). It felt good to stretch. My whole body felt tight today. Glenda showed me some new ones to work on the side of the glutes which are achy.
Showered and had breaky with Tesso. Wouldn't feel like a Regatta Friday without her.
At work now and lots to do but no motivation. Maybe I need a work coach???
4 comments:
Thanks for your comment, Clairie! Wasn't I in a right royal mess though for that 18 km? I felt so dreadful!!
On the other hand you're doing more than just OK; as for doing well in Canberra, I don't know... I have to do this bloody hard work just to finish! But I love it all! LL
8kms in 33 mins... wow....
One day I'll come and try the regatta runs - need a few more kms under my belt first though!
Read the last few weeks - sounds as if you have been working hard evethough young Pat is away. No doubt he will come back ready to drive the group harder!! Negative splits are not easy so well done! and they do make you feel very strong. I do look forward to meeting you at Canberra.
Ray
You're training is going really strong - you should be very happy with yourself!
I can sympathise with the work thing as well... if only it had the highs of training...
Post a Comment