Thursday, March 24, 2005

Tough Bugger of a Speed Session

How funny is Pat. Headed out to New Farm for a 'mystery session'. Not sure how mystery something is supposed to be when it is written in your program LOL.

Did 1km, 500m, 1km, 500, 1km 500m. It was a killer. Pat had us all psyched up so out I went with the jet burner on. Tess was with me and we ran that first one together. Both of us were trying to keep pace with each other and I am sure we were both shaking out heads saying WTF....did that one in 3:50.
Oh Man so gonna spew today was my first thought. I slowed down dramatically then. The 500m was 2:02 and the rest of the stats sucked as well.
4:15, 2:00, 4:20, 1:50.
The only reason the last one was any good was everyone had finished and were standing waiting to do the cool down so they all cheered me on.
Tess was reasonably consistent with around 4:05min 1kms. I noticed at one time she did not do the full rest. Man I need that full 1min, my legs just refuse to budge before my watch beeps at 60sec....How does she do it?
Did the cool down back to the ship inn and had Pat's now famous ice cold pineapple and watermelon. Got a hat from Pat - must post a photo of the new uniform.

Great to note that David Lang or Langy (CR - RITH) got voted Most Ugly from his fellow teammates. Won a $50 voucher for the ship inn. Well done mate.

After today I couldn't get my crap together so I slowly made it to the showers and was already late for work. Had a coughing fit in the shower and when I rinsed my mouth got quite alarmed.....there was blood.

Must have done a real hard push at todays session or something.

Well that was what I thought until I realised it was watermelon...hee hee I was choking on watermelon!
So after realising I wasn't dying I decided to be even later for work and celebrate being alive with a coffee. Picked one up at Gloria J's in West End and sauntered into work.

4 comments:

Hannah said...

you had me all alarmed with the coughing fit for a minute there! *LOL* glad to hear you had a good session! Will see you tomorrow!

Eagle said...

Interesting morning - I had a great morning and slept in until 6.00am as I had no run planned today. I suppose you will have your sleep in tomorrow - I will do a cruisy 25k with a mate.

Will Hannah be in Canberra ? Looks like my type of girl if only I was a queter of a century younger! HA HA
Ray

Unknown said...

Love your description of this session, Clairie! Ye gods, you & Tess work hard! No wonder you thought you saw blood....must have been a relief (for me, a laugh!) when you realized it was watermelon!
So looking forward to meeting you & Tess (again) in Canberra....very soon! Keep a lookout for a flying Chickybabe!!!

Jen said...

Clairie and Tesso,

I'm heading off on holidays next weekend and won't be back until after Canberra - but I wanted to wish you both the very best of luck for Canberra. Tesso, that sub 3.20 is in serious trouble and Clairie, I have no doubt that your 10km PB is history ! Best of luck to you both and I look forward to reading about the big day - and the after party - when I get back. Go girls !