Thursday, February 09, 2006

10km Easy Run

Honestly I have no idea how far I ran this morning but aside from a few stops it was a good 70mins.

Tess and I ran together from Southbank over to New Farm, then back into the gardens, did a half loop there, then did a 1km effort to the Goodwill Bridge finishing off with another 1.5km to the beach for a splendid breakfast (Thanks Pat!!)

I didn't realise how much the floating bridge moves until the City Cat went past this morning as we were on it. I thought it was an earthquake the way the bridge just came up to my knees!! Funny stuff. I don't know how many times I have run on that bridge and never REALLY realised how flexible it is.

An easy run that felt great and I even managed to catch up on all the goss with Tess (counting how many toenails she was about to lose).

5 comments:

Tesso said...

I didn't realise we were out there that long. I guess it was now I think about it.

Wait'll you're on the floating walkway towards the end of a looooong run and a City Cat goes by and it starts moving - whoooaaaa.

Thanks for the company this morn, sorry if I slowed you down a little. I'll bring my iPod tomorrow and leave you in peace :-)

Robert Song said...

It is off putting when the walkway is really swaying.

When you run along there in the late afternnon like I do and it is peak hour for ferry traffic, it is the norm rather than an exception.

Over the years we all have been sledged by idiots in cars, but one time I was yelled at by someone on a passing boat while on the floating walkway which I found amusing.

Toasty said...

i love those waves ..... it is a weird feeling for sure.

Chelle said...

I loooooooooove being on the floating walkway when a city cat goes by... so much fun, like one of those jumping castles :)

RunDave said...

Aw cool, I love stories about lost toenails.