5.30am start at Regatta. I was running late and got there at 5:31am so the group had just left. I decided to not try to catch up to them and sauntered off. I also decided to not run with my watch so I would not be tempted to run according to any times.
It was a great morning and a lot cooler than it has been lately.
I got to the 5km turnaround and decided to skip the loop in the gardens and just turn and go over the Goodwill bridge. That way the other runners would catch me up and I could finish the run with them.
I started to assume they were in front of me (was I that slow???) when just before the 3km mark (3k to finish) they slapped me on the shoulders. Then zoomed past.
I felt like talking and was bored with being a nigel so increased the pace to run with them.
After a while Liz turned around and said "oh you're still here.." which made me laugh and I told her I needed her to get me home.
We then kept increasing the pace - though to what I have no idea - till we finished. I know I felt great and the legs were good. Much better going faster than slower.
The last km would have been around 4:10pace but that could just be how it felt to me.
I definitely think the run on Sat has made me stronger.
Just 10m from the finish I saw another runner and pulled off to talk to her and almost broke my leg from twisting so quickly in mid stride....but ya gotta be social!!!
11km for the day.
4 comments:
Yikes 4:10 oace... thats nice and quick! Good run clairie... Ia msure you are getting stronger!
Clairie, I haven't visited for a week or so, and all I can think is WOW, hang one... WOW. You bash yourself for 3 hours, vomit, become hazy, lose sight of where you are going, refocus, run well in front of expectations and then a few days later wonder why no PB over 3k time trial....! I bet you didn't ask PC why you are not PB ing at the mo'.
Congratulations on your efforts on the w/e, and how great in hindsight is it that you had so much support and friends on hand to help & support you! I know you are very thankful for that support, cherious (sp) it!
Congratulations
So Clairie, how many times did you look at your bare wrist, or go to hit the stop button?
It doesn't hurt to leave the watch behind every now and then and just run how you feel. Last time I did that I'm sure I ran my last km in under 3:20 ;-)
I can't get over how lovely the weather has been these past few mornings. Of course, the cool change didn't happen until after Caboolture ;)
Post a Comment