Friday, February 17, 2006

Flying along

Had to do my 8km run that I normally do at the Regatta. I read Tesso's blog and noticed they all went up Mt Cootha instead this morning...glad I didn't know that or I would have done the good ole competitive thing and found a big hill to go up..like Kings Parks or something.

So 8km differential run it was. Went out in 18:55 and home in 17:50 to do 8km in 36:45.

The only significant thing about today was that from the first km I felt fantastic. No warm up needed I was into it and flying along. I never wanted to stop and wanted to run my marathon today.

Oh well I guess tomorrows long run will totally ruin that feeling :)

Cirque: Flying back home on Monday for a few days before out again to Sydney/Wollongong. Anyone in Sydney want to run with me for 10km next Friday am????

5 comments:

Toasty said...

Great effort to keep the training whilst you are away .... I got my runs in Melbourne this time but it is not always the case.

Rob said...

18 degrees Clairie. Sure sounds like heaven. You'll be running with the angels while we over here will be in that other place.

Tesso said...

Ha ha. Clairie, I reckon running as fast as you did this morning sounds way harder than trotting over that little hill at the back of Toowong :-)

I hope you find some takers for that Sydney run. I'm afraid you are going to start enjoying this running on your own too much!

Katie said...

Great run Clairie!!! You were flying.... I LOVE days like that!

I would love to run with you... what time were you thinking and any preference for spots- around the bay or Centenial park?? I am sue there would a few takers for 10km loop around the bay Friday am. Your probably too quick for me though :-)

2P said...

You were flying Clairie that is one quick training run.

If I see a blur falsh past me on Friday I'll know it's you ;-)